Monday, February 21, 2011

Angel on a Leash: Dog Fashion 2011

This Dog Fashion Show benefit the non-profit organization Angel on a Leash.   I remember on one of my days at the hospital receiving chemo, a dog came and to visit me.  It made me so happy to pet the dog and it made me feel more at ease.  I am not sure if the dog was from this program, but I fully support the idea of animals helping with the healing process.

Since, we got our Shih Tzu, Dusty Rose it has been great.  She keeps me company through some long days.  She lets me pet her and hug her.  She brought so much love to us.

Amplify’d from gothamist.com

We Were There: Dog Fashion Show!


(Photo by Katie Sokoler/Gothamist)

Over the weekend, some of the city's small dogs strutted their stuff on the catwalk for a Dog Fashion Show at The New Yorker Hotel. The event was to benefit Angel On A Leash, a non-profit organization that creates dog therapy programs. Amongst those walking their dogs down the runway were New York personalities and celebs (Oscar-winner Celeste Holm and, well, mostly reality show stars). After all, why should cats have all the fun?!
Now having seen both efforts, it does look like cats have dogs beat in the fashion world, however—the felines really brought their A-game to last summer's Cat Fashion Show. At this weekend's event, it seemed the dog owners were more concerned with primping themselves than their pups.

Read more at gothamist.com

No comments:

Popular Posts