Monday, February 21, 2011

Happiness = The Perfect Cup of Coffee

The Quest for a Perfect Cup of Coffee


I wouldn't consider myself a coffee expert but a lover of a good cup of coffee. I am on a quest for the perfect cup of coffee. The big coffee chains offers the convenience, but how about the quality of coffee. I must admit the convenience is very attractive when on the way to work or for the afternoon pick me up.

We need food to survive.   I have been thinking, that life is too short, for bad foods and that includes coffee. When I have fast food I just do not feel good physical or emotionally. A good meal along with good cup of coffee is important to me and my Psyche . I am so happy when I have a good cup of coffee albeit, in the morning, after a meal, or with a friend. I have been thinking, that life is too short, for bad foods and that includes coffee. When I have fast food I just do not feel good physical or emotionally. A good meal along with good cup of coffee is important to me and my Psyche . I am so happy when I have a good cup of coffee albeit, in the morning, after a meal, or with a friend.

Atlon Brown, the host of Good Eats on the Foodnetwork, does challenge his viewers to take the time to get perfection in whatever "Good Eats" he features in each episode. The tips and tricks he gives in his show have been more than helpful and well worth the time.

Alton recommends using filtered water when brewing coffee at home. You can use a portable filter system like a Brita Water Filter System that you keep cold in your refrigerator or if not use bottled water. Water is the most important ingredient in coffee making, if the water taste awful, so will your coffee.

 "Beware of coffee bean bins" at the grocery store, Alton Brown warns us.   Why? Air and light can rob coffee beans of its flavor and freshness. The bag you place your beans into at the grocery store is meant only for transportation and not meant for storage. When you get home place your coffee in an air tight container.

Grind your coffee beans with a burr grinder for more evenly ground coffee.  Alton suggest placing a pinch of Kosher salt in with the grounds, to cut some of the bitterness. Once coffee is done brewing, place in a coffee carafe, to keep warm and fresh. Leaving the coffee in the coffee makers pot burner will stale your coffee

No comments:

Popular Posts