Thursday, December 30, 2010

Puppy Love: Dusty Rose

Our dog Dusty Rose has been with us for one year. She is an eight years old Shih Tzu. She was with a family for seven years, but they had a baby who was allergic to the dog. My daughter had dog sat while the family went on vacation the summer of 2009. We all fell in love with Dusty. At the time, we didn’t know the family was considering another home for her. I found out several weeks later when I was talking to my sister and telling her how much we missed her. My sister new the family was looking and several weeks later they drop Dusty off for the last time to her new home. Dusty came in with such a greeting of running from place to place with such vigor. Then ending with getting up on the couch and howling. It was the cutest thing ever.

We love bring her on car rides. She loves her face in the wind. We brought her on

pupcation this summer to hotel in New Hampshire. I love dressing her and she loves being dressed. Most of the time it just her Puppia harness (Puppia is the company I bought from on Amazon.com), Dusty hates the rain, but she loves her rain jacket, Halloween is a given. Dusty has been a hot dog and and angel. Last year we passed out dog bones to the neighborhood dogs.

She has been such a blessing to our family. My husband, loves walking her. The best part is when he tells her it is time for the walk. Oh boy! she starts skipping and acting like a puppy. It so great watching her and petting her it warms the heart.

No comments:

Popular Posts